Confused Development

I develop software and I often get confused in the process. I usually find the answers after a while, but a month later I can't remember them. So from now on, I will write them down here.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

WordPress locally on MacOS X

Uuuuhhh, i'm a lazy blogger. The last post is over a months old.

Anyhow, I had trouble installing a local WordPress on my Mac. It should be very easy, but there were always some annoying problems arising from PhP not being able to talk to MySQL. Once I figured out how to do it, and then the next time I had forgotten how. However, there is a really easy way to do it, using the brilliant MAMP installation ("Macintosh, Apache, MySQL and PHP"). This post from Michael Doig's blog explains exactly how to do it. Hooray!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home