Confused Development

I develop software and I often get confused in the process. I usually find the answers after a while, but a month later I can't remember them. So from now on, I will write them down here.

Monday, June 15, 2009

WordPress Blank Screen of Death

I'm using subversion to keep my WordPress installation updated. This always worked perfectly fine, but recently I did an update and wasn't able to access any php driven part of the blog anymore (so, basically everything). All I would get is the dreaded WordPress Blank Screen of Death.

I looked in the error logs (WP had a special error log in the Apache log folder) and saw that there was a Parse Error: parse error, unexpected T_SL reported for one of the php files. After some googling, this post here made me realise that the problem could be related to a subversion conflict, which will lead to < signs showing up in the source files, rendering them invalid. I checked the offending files and really, it turned out that my last svn update had introduced a conflict. To resolve it, I simply deleted the offending files, executed svn update again, and all my troubles were gone!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home