Confused Development

I develop software and I often get confused in the process. I usually find the answers after a while, but a month later I can't remember them. So from now on, I will write them down here.

Monday, May 07, 2007

Let's see if RDFa is possible in Blogger

This is just a test post to find out if I can use RDFa in Blogger. I will add some RDFa about Tom Heath and about Gerald Reif . It seems to work - the RDFa made it into the final HTML page. Unfortunately though, the page's HTML is not well-formed, and RDFa parsers die when reading it... :-(

4 Comments:

At 11:19 pm, Blogger Mike Linksvayer said...

You mean RDFa parsers that require well formed XML die. Clearly any of any use in the wild will not.

 
At 11:37 pm, Blogger Knud Möller said...

Sure, only those nasty picky parser die. Do you know of any more robust ones? I'd particularly love a Java-based one! :-)

 
At 8:26 am, Blogger Keith said...

The javascript one (http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/impl/js/) works.

There is also a PHP parser based on HTML, so may be more forgiving: http://www.avthasselt.sohosted.com/rdfamonkey/

And RDFa(dict) in python: http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/rdfadict/0.3
I'm not sure how strict that it, but it claims to work with html... oh, no it doesn't work on your page.... nevermind.

Running the page through tidy prior to parsing seems to work though.

 
At 10:18 am, Blogger Knud Möller said...

Thanks for those links. And, of course, tidy is a good idea. So obvious, I wonder why I didn't think of it straight away...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home